Humanutopia at The Halley Academy
This year, our Year 7, 9 and 10 students have all taken part in 'Who Am I?' workshops with humanutopia.
The workshops centred on students’ personal development and consisted of 15 unique challenges, creating a safe space for students to stop and reflect on their lives to date. Students were provided with opportunities to consider the influences of others, peer pressure and the culture of conformity. They were encouraged to reflect on their attitude, behaviour and impact on others and given an opportunity to discover their authentic self, considering where their true potential may lie and how their futures could look.
In addition, 48 Year 9 students have been trained by humanutopia as 'Heroes' and have worked with Year 5 students from Eastcote Primary School and our Year 7 students to hone their skills. They will continue to work with humanutopia during Year 10 to develop and lead an independent student leadership project, focusing on mentoring and community schemes. By the end of next academic year, all of our students will have experienced the 'Who am I?' workshops.
Following the workshop, our students completed a social impact survey:
- 92% of students now feel more positive and optimistic about their future
- 90% of students now feel they can become a more responsible person
- 88% of students said the day inspired them to make the most of their education
Our ongoing partnership with Humanutopia will help our students to:
• modify and/or improve their own behaviour
• understand other people's behaviour
• care more deeply about other people
• want to try harder in their education to improve their grades
• feel more positive about their future
• make new friendships
For more information about Humanutopia and their work, please visit: www.humanutopia.com
If you would like more information about Humanutopia at The Halley Academy, please email Ms Williamson - Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org